Friday, May 11, 2007

A Late Night Chat

It's late, but I feel like posting so I will. I am often inspired to do things late at night. So let's have a late night chat. I guess chat implies that there is interaction, which this does not really allow for, unless you comment I guess.

Work is going quite well. I was excited when I first started, then I was discouraged when I thought things weren't going well, but now I am hopeful again. I think this will be a good thing. Plus, it will pay the bills, and that is what is most important. Ooo, exciting side note, we got a raise. Yay! And how great is it to get tips? I love the instant gratification that is cash tips.

Do you want a Starbucks preview? Of course you do! We had a meeting today and they are introducing an Orange syrup for the summer, with the featured drink being an Orange Frappuccino Light Blended Creme. I haven't tried it yet, but I guess it tastes like an orange creamsicle, and it's light to boot! Also, you can get an Orange Mocha Frappuccino Blended Coffee that apparently tastes like a Terry's Chocolate Orange. I am very excited about both of these. There are other things you can do with the orange syrup, but these are what I am most excited about.

I am loving hanging out with friends recently. Last Sunday we got to spend time with Lynn and Natasha as they were in Halifax (well, their engagement was in Dartmouth really), for an evening service. You can read their blog for more details about that. It was soooooo nice to see them and have a chance to talk and catch up. Also, the wonderful Jen Ochej is in Halifax for the summer and we have had the chance to hang out with her twice since she's been here, and it has been wonderful, especially because I know we will continue to hang out!

Speaking of hanging out with Jen, the first night she came over was crazy because there was a hostage situation in an apartment building in our cul-de-sac. It was really interesting. Everyone from the surrounding buildings, including us, gathered to watch what was going on. It was crazy. I guess I guy barricaded himself in his apartment and they thought he had access to firearms. They interviewed Ryan and a kid from our youth group which was neat, and the guy from the youth group made it on TV, and Ryan made it into the newspaper, although he wasn't thrilled with how they represented what he said. But oh well, I guess that's the risk you take right?

I am starting to get tired so I am going to head to bed. My day tomorrow is full. Working in the office in the morning; working at Starbucks from late morning to evening, and then from there to a Bowl-a-thon that the kids in the youth group are doing to raise money for May Rally. This should be fun. I love bowling.

Okay I'm going to bed now. Goodnight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your new profile pic!
Not a big starbucks fan- or coffee of any kind for that matter - so the new orange ideas are lost on me. But I'm sure I'm in the minority.....

1:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah Beth said...

If you don't like coffee, then you might actually like the Orange Creme. There's no coffee in that one.

10:57 PM  
Blogger jen said...

There are other things you can do with the orange syrup, but these are what I am most excited about.

That made me laugh out loud. I don't know why.


And yay! I love hanging out with you Wiedmaiers! It's wonderful being so close to friends. Oh - and congrats on your anniversary! AND you spelled my name right, I just realized! All very exciting. :) OK I'm done now.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Erskine said...

Orange...so good. When did you say it hits Starbucks? We'll have to come to HRM again soon!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home