Tuesday, February 27, 2007

All Glory to God in the Highest!

Okay, so I am supposed to be studying for my His and Dis exam tomorrow but before I do, I just have to give praise to God for his goodness in our lives!

Here's the story:
After finishing my internship I began looking for employment as the student loan money was quickly running out/had run out. Unfortunately the process was and is slower than I would like, (read: I would like a job yesterday), and financial deadlines were fast approaching, (read: rent and bills). It came to a point where even if I was to get a job before the money was due I wouldn't receive any money in time to pay anything.

At first I was really discouraged; what were we going to do? Then I had this overwhelming sense of hope; if there was nothing I could do about it, then that means only God can, and he will. But then I began to doubt again, what if we had been unwise with our money? I didn't think we had, but if we had, would that make a difference? Would God not help us? Then I began to wonder if I could trust God for the miracle we needed. Was there something that I was supposed to do that I wasn't doing? I knew God said in his word that he would provide for us, but I was still having a hard time putting complete trust in him because I was afraid that I would and then be let down. It sounds awful to say, but it's true. But in the end I had to cling to his promises and trust that somehow, though I may not know how, some how, he would provide for us. And guess what...

He did!

Tonight I received a call from someone saying that someone else has given us an amount of money that is enough to cover our needs. Praise the Lord! All the glory has to go to him on this one because there was nothing, and I mean nothing, that we could have done to make this happen ourselves.

Lord, thank you for providing for us even though we don't deserve it, and thank you for being faithful to us even in our doubt and fear. All honor and glory and praise goes to you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Adirondack Explorer said...

When I heard the news, I flashed back to our prayer time in my office yesterday afternoon. Who would have guessed God would work as He did and so quickly?

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!

I love you guys,

Dad

2:34 AM  
Blogger His Beloved said...

yay! God is so good! i am praising with you guys!! :) love you!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home