Friday, March 16, 2007

You may be calling me Barista soon!

This week has been crazy! Daylight Savings Time happened quite inopportunely this past weekend and I had already been tired from staying up late with a dear friend (although I do not regret it at all), so the loss of an hour really affected me.
This week was our VBS at church, and because I still do not have a job I agreed to help out. One day I taught the lesson, another I manned the games, and other days I simple helped out wherever needed. The week turned out to be a lot of fun, but I had to get up earlier than usual and with the time change already affecting me it made it that much harder.
Because this week is March Break for the teens we decided to do something special and have an all-nighter in place of youth group this week. It was last night and it was a lot of fun, but as is expected, it takes a lot out of you.
So, what does this have to do with being a Barista? Well, as you may know if you have been reading my blog I am looking for a job. I heard from a friend this week that Starbucks was hiring and because Ryan's dad works in the Starbucks corporate office I knew I had a great reference, and maybe a good chance at getting a job
there. I brought in my resume and dropped it off, and then it was the waiting game. In the mean time though, Ryan's dad mentioned my search to a lady in the company who proceeded to send my resume to the head guy over the Canadian affiliate of Starbucks responsible for all their Canadian stores and he gave my resume to the manager of the location I was looking to work at. Now, I'm not sure if it was because of that or not, but yesterday I got a call from the manager and got an interview for today at 10:30 am. And here is where the too meet.
A long tiring week, and an all-nighter with little sleep the night before an interview may not be the best recipe for a successful interview but I actually think it went really well. I thought she seemed positive about everything throughout the interview and I think that I answered all of her questions well so I am staying positive about it. She said I should hear from her on Wednesday as she has other interviews to do and is making decisions then. If you think about it I would really appreciate your prayers. I'm still nervous about things, like can I do it, (although I know I can), will the pay be enough, etc., etc., but I know I need to trust the Lord. So, next time I see you, I may be a Barista!

2 Comments:

Blogger His Beloved said...

that's awesome sarah! i will be praying for sure! i have been sooo tired this week as well!! i worked wed, thurs, and today and was out doing something every night. today i only worked the morning and when i got home decided to take a short nap.....well, i ended up sleeping (and i was out cold!) for five hours!!!! daylight savings time sure affected me as well (and the staying up late almost every night over march break didn't help either! haha) glad vbs went well too! :)

3:06 AM  
Blogger Dena said...

Sounds exciting, hope you get the job. I guess it always helps to have the Seattle hubby, ha ha.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home