Thursday, July 20, 2006

Good Bye Metro Transit!


It is official! Ryan and I are the proud owners of a 2002 Ford Focus ZX5 Hatchback 4 Door. This isn't a great picture of it, it was one Ryan took quickly yesterday to show his Dad, but I thought I would share it with all of you because even a not great picture is better than no picture at all. This car is such a blessing from the Lord. There are several reasons why it is.

1. We would never have had the money to purchase a car ourselves, but Ryan's Dad was so gracious and decided to give us an early graduation gift, knowing a car is quite necessary for us on our internship.

2. Ryan had been looking and looking since we got here for something in the price range his Dad gave us, and everything was really old and crappy, but this is newer than anything else we had seen and is in really good condition. Plus, it was 2,000 dollars cheaper than what the Blue Book average said we could expect to pay for as car that old with that many miles, etc., etc.

3. Not only is it everything we need, but it's alot of what we want too. The Lord didn't need to bless us like that but he did. I guess that's why they're called blessings :)

Okay, here are the details: It's a standard, or manual if you prefer to say it that way which Ryan really wanted cause he finds it more fun to drive. I don't know how I'll fair with it because some of you may know I still don't have my licence yet, (I know, I am a sad individual), and to learn on a stick, I don't know, but Amy Smith, I am looking to you. You conquered the stick shift and I am using you as my inspriation to say I can too :) (P.S., I wish we could have hung out more at beulah) Okay, back to the features of the car. It has power doors and windows, air conditioning, cruise control, a CD player, and the seats fold down in the back so you can fit more things in which will be great for us and all the stuff we transport to church and youth. And I'm sure there are more features that I don't even know about yet.

It's got a good history too. It was owned by a doctor, then he traded it in, and the guy who sold it to us, his wife dove it for awhile, but she is getting a new Jetta, so she gave it up. It has a fair bit of kilometres on it for it's age, but they were mostly highway miles, or so the guy says, although I know, I know, you can't really trust a used car salesman, although we think this guy may be the dealership owner from the way he was talking. Anyway, we are really excited. Plus, we got it checked out and the mechanic gave it a clean bill of health.

So goodbye Metor Transit, (well once we get all the details worked out and can acctually drive it), you've served me well, but I'm moving on.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

That's right! Goodbye Metor transit!

3:02 PM  
Blogger me said...

I am impressed that you noted it was an "ZX5"

.... although I only get to say a half goodbye to Metro Transit. I did tell you that I expect to be chauffered to church, right?

11:53 PM  
Blogger Laura Geall said...

Sarah!
I'm so happy you found my blog. I'm pretty sure that there are only like 4 people that read mine, but I'm glad you've decided to join that club. I love reading your blog too. It always makes me laugh...expecially when you give a numbered list of reasons for something. Hilarious. Anyways, thanks for the compliment. It means a lot to me. I wish I could have seen you at Beulah! I was only there for like 24 hours. Did you have a good time? That's so exciting about your new car! Standard isn't that bad. The first time you try to drive it, it may seem like the end of the world, but once you get it you get it. So just be patient with yourself and make sure you have a good teacher ;) Hopefully we'll talk soon. I miss you! Love you!

2:54 PM  
Blogger His Beloved said...

Yay!! You have wheels!! VERY exciting! And in regards to the stick shift... YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT!! :) I have faith in you. If I can "master it" (although some may not feel quite as stronly in regards to me mastering it as I do! haha) then you can as well! Just don't give up. I went to a parking lot after hours to practice for the very first time and I recommend that. It's a humbling experience that's for sure! Well, YAY for your car! God is Good!! :)

8:46 AM  
Blogger jen said...

I learned on a standard and I'm very glad I did! Makes it so much easier in the long run. :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Donna, Rob, and Girls said...

Hi Sarah,

Great blog! Hey, don't feel bad, I didn't get my license til I was almost 30! One word of advice...don't let Ryan teach you how to drive...Rob made me cry (more than once!) , so I actually took a driver's course...and I didn't cry once..LOL.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home